Small Business(SBs) Benefits
8(a) SDB Certifications
GSA Federal Supply Schedule
Patriot Express Loan Programs
State SDB Certifications
Veteran & Military Programs
Women Entrepreneur Programs
Certified small business (SBs) are entitled to the following benefits:
- A five percent (5%) bid preference on applicable State solicitations
- Eligible for the State’s Small Business Participation Program. This program sets a goal for the use of small businesses in at least 25% of the State’s overall annual contract dollars
- Under the Prompt Payment Act, the State must pay a certified SB / MB higher interest penalties for late payment of an undisputed invoice.
- State agencies may use a streamlined process, known as the SB/DVBE Option, by contracting directly with a California certified small business for goods, services, information technology and Public Works projects.
- As an incentive, a non-small business prime contractor, who uses certified small business/microbusiness subcontractors for at least 25% of its net bid price, is eligible for a bid preference of five percent (5%) of the lowest responsible bid, when competing against another non-small business.